Wednesday, June 10, 2015

At the retreat center



We are staying for 2 days at the "Christ the King Spiritual Center", the retreat Centre of the the Episcopal Diocese of Albany. If you want to know more about it go to www.ctkcenter.org


Panoramic view from the dining room in the welcome centre


Our accommodation - note the pond that contains our noisy neghbours, the frogs.

The Welcome centre - admin and dining on top of the hill.





The view from our door.

The Welcome centre and grounds.

Inside the Welcome centre.


Looking across the grounds.

Our accommodation

Hi all, Sarah here. I hope you are all well. We are staying here in the Christ the King episcopal retreat centre in Albany diocese, New York state. It is a very beauiful place. I wish it were closer to home and we could have parish retreats and LLL training week-ends here! The food is amazing, and the wildlife is brilliant. I haven't a hope of identifying all the birds we have seen, but we have seen american robins, mockingbirds and red-winged blackbirds. I even saw a blue bird this morning when I went out for a run before breakfast! Yes I know - a run before breakfast? But it is such a beautiful place to run and my time clock is out. Mike ran too and the kids played tennis. Yesterday morning there was a beautiful healing service in the chapel. I love the peaceful atmosphere of a healing service and I dream of them being more easily accessible in the Carrick area. There are so many hurting people in our area and God is the great healer of our emotional and spiritual wounds, not just physical hurts. This morning I went to a service of Soaking Prayer. Basically a time of quiet prayer in the chapel. There are blankets and pillows laid out on the floor for those who want to lie down in God's presence! It was a time of healing, refreshment and encouragement for me.  Particularly as I had been struggling with doubting God's existence before we came away. 

We are all enjoying watching for wildlife. We have seen chipmunks, marmots, deer and the small but very noisy frogs. It really is gorgeous here.

Love to you all, Sarah.