Sunday, August 16, 2015

The city of Ottawa

I arrived in the city of Ottawa on Wednesday and move tomorrow, Sunday, to my final 10 days of retreat in a prayer cabin in the woods surrounding a Christian conference centre which is 25 miles west of the city. I have done the sites in what is a beautiful city. This is the capital of Canada and it has gorgeous parliament buildings. It is quite a small city and is easy to get around.

I am staying at a hostel near downtown which was a former prison. I am staying in one of the original cells which is kind of cosy! It is very hot today at 27C and humid and the cell has no windows. It is to get hotter and more humid tomorrow and a heat warning is in place!

I attended midday communion in the Anglican Cathedral on Friday. I shared in the Eucharist at the Cathédrale Notre-Dame at 5pm today. The service was bilingual, French and English, which was interesting. Tomorrow morning I hope to worship at the Ottawa Mennonite Church.

I am looking forward to getting home again to my family and to my church family. Miss them all.

Blessings, Mike

The inside of Cathédrale Notre-Dame

The outside of the Cathédrale

Changing of the guard, Canada style, at the Parliament buildings.

My cell!